- 3 cups grated raw sweet potatoes
- 1 cup molasses or dark cane syrup
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
- Combine all ingredients
- Simmer slowly, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
- Pour into well-greased 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 325' for 30 minutes, stirring up every 5 minutes for the first 20 minutes.
- Smooth down the top and allow to brown.
- Cut into squares and serve either hot or cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.