- Put water and salt in a small pot or deep pan and bring to shallow boil.
- Add 1 spoon of oil.
- Add flour while stirring the mixture quickly with wide/flat wooden spoon.
- Remove the mix and keep stirring about in a large bowl until it softens (becomes aseeda)
- Add some of the boiled water to the aseeda and let it gently cook for 10 minutes.
- Again beat the mixture for it softens and and becomes a thick, the consistency of soft play dough. Shape into a small mound in a bowl. Create a small crater with a spoon on top.
- Pour melted butter as a shallow moat around mound, and honey or date syrup on top in crater. Eat with fingers, pulling portions of cooked buttery mound and dipping in honey.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.