Makes 4 servings
- vegetable cooking spray
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- Coat skillet with vegetable cooking spray; heat over medium temperature. Add chicken and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook 20 minutes, turning or until brown on all sides. Reduce temperature to low, add garlic halves; continue cooking until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease, 10 minutes more.
- Remove chicken to warm plate, leaving garlic in pan. Add chicken broth and wine. Over high heat, bring to a boil; continue boiling 5 minutes; reduce temperature to low.
- Stir arrowroot into skim milk and slowly add mixture to pan liquids. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring, until thickened, 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan; sprinkle with chives, spooning sauce over chicken. Simmer 5 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly heated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.