Makes 12 servings
- 2 tbsp corn oil margarine, melted
- 1 cup graham-cracker crumbs (14 squares)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp non-fat milk
- 1 oz semisweet chocolate (2 squares)
- ½ cup corn oil margarine
- 2 cup fresh cranberries, rinsed
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp sherry or brandy
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 325 °F.
- Combine melted margarine, crumbs and sugar in a small bowl.
- Stir in milk to moisten. Press firmly in bottom of 10-inch pie pan sprayed with non-stick vegetable coating.
- Melt chocolate and margarine over very low heat.
- Spread berries evenly over crust; sprinkle with brown sugar, chopped nuts and liquor.
- Beat egg whites and salt until frothy. Continue beating and gradually add sugar.
- Stir melted mixture and flour into egg whites, pour over cranberries.
- Sprinkle with coconut, decorate with pecans.
- Bake until center does not wiggle, 40 to 50 minutes. Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.