If you have fish stock and fish scraps in the freezer, combine them here. If not, use chicken stock or water and fresh fish.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: How to Cook Everything
- Time: 20 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 5 cups fish, chicken, or shrimp stock, or water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch saffron (optional)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cored, peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes (canned are fine; include their liquid)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ lbs any white-fleshed fish, cut into small chunks, or fish mixed with shelled seafood, such as clams, shrimp, or scallops
- minced fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients except for the fish and parsley in a large, deep saucepan or casserole and turn the heat to high.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to medium and cook fro 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fish and cook, stirring, until it cooks through, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.