Recipe courtesy of Bal Bhadra Singh, Corporate Master Chef at Bandhani Restaurant at The Pride Hotel, Ahmedabad.
- Contributed by Indiancuisineandculture Y-Group
- See also Gujarat on a platter - mouth-watering recipes...
- 100 g tuwar dana (whole pigeon peas)
- 3 g nibu ful (citric acid)
- 10 g sugar
- 3 g garam masala
- 5 g coriander powder
- 2 g cumin (jeera)
- 3 g cashew
- 3 g raisins
- 3 g chopped green chillies
- 10 g white sesame (til)
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
- 10 g oil for cooking
- 3 g crushed black pepper
- 3 g crushed coriander seeds
- Make a pliable dough of the maida, oil, salt and water and keep aside for half an hour.
- Make small roundels (half-circles) of uniform size and keep aside.
- For the stuffing, put oil, hing, tuwar dana and til in a hot pan and stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook till the mixture becomes crisp.
- Remove the pan from the fire and allow it to cool.
- Stuff this mixture into the roundels and deep fry till golden-brown.
- Serve hot with sweet chutney.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.