Your family will love to eat more vegetables cooked this way.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 7 servings Serving size: ½ cup
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup fennel, cut in strips (4 oz)
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups leaf spinach, washed thoroughly
- 1 tbsp distilled vinegar
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp raw chives
- Steam or boil lima beans in unsalted water approximately 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, sauté onions and fennel in oil.
- Add the beans and stock to the onions, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Cover and cook until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and pepper.
- Cover and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ½ cup serving: Calories 93 | Fat 2 g Saturated fat | less than 1 g Cholesterol | 0 mg Sodium 84 mg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.