- 1 cup raw short-grain brown rice
- 2½ cups vegetable broth, boiling
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 large fire-roasted chilies, seeded and diced
- 1 x 15 oz can black-eyed peas
- juice of 1 lime
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tbsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp liquid aminos
- Combine rice with broth, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook, covered, for 40 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan for 1 minute over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot, scallions and chilies, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add black-eyed peas and rice, and reduce heat to low.
- Add lime juice, cilantro, yeast, marjoram and aminos.
- Cover, and cook mixture for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.