- Serves: 4
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta (may also use fettucine, spaghetti or linguine)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves (or torn up regular sized spinach)
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrot
- lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- If using frozen scallops, thaw completely before cooking. Rinse scallops then pat dry with a paper towel and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large saucepan and drain thoroughly then return to the still-hot saucepan and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lime zest, red pepper flakes, garlic and scallops. Cook scallops until opaque and lightly golden (about 4 minutes.) Add lime juice and toss until scallops are well-coated.
- Add the scallop mixture, spinach and carrot to the pasta and toss lightly to combine then serve garnished with lime wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.