This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 or 2 lbs. of linguica
- 1 medium to large Onion
- 1 ( 16oz) can of whole tomatoes ,crushed
- 3 to 5 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 ( 16oz) can of Peas, drained
- water to cover
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the linguica or peel it crumble into a 3 or 4 quart pan.
- Sauté the linguica.
- Add chopped onions and continue to sauté to remove some of the grease from the linguica.
- When the onions are opaque drain the grease.
- Add the water tomatoes with juice, diced potatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes to 1/2 hour.
- Add Peas and cook for about 15 minutes longer. Good with Portuguese rolls or a hard roll.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.