This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 lb of linguiça or chourico
- 1 large onion
- 4 or so potatoes
- 2 lbs. of fresh string beans (canned will do in a pinch).
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 can of tomatoes (whatever kind you like)
- Chop linguiça or chourico, onions, and add the can of tomatoes.
- Cover with water and simmer just to heat through out.
- Cut string beans bit size ( or add canned)and cut up potatoes in stew size pieces.
- Put this in the pan and add spices.
- Cook until potatoes and beans are done.
- Of course, if you used the canned string beans, you only have to wait until the potatoes are done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.