- 1 (16 oz) pkg. saltines (unsalted)
- 2 eggs
- 4 sticks butter
- 2 cups heated milk (skim fat off)
- 1 diced onion
- salt and pepper
- Crumble saltines into fine crumbs.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onions to soften and turn clear.
- Heat 2 cups milk (skim off fat) or use low-fat milk.
- In a large bowl combine crumbs, milk and butter/butter mixture.
- Mix well. Beat in eggs.
- In a large flat Corningware dish. Pour batter.
- Bake covered in 350°F oven for 45 minutes. Then uncovered for 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.