- 4 large eggs
- ½ small onion
- 3 (3" long) green pepper slivers
- 1 large mushroom
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 – 6 strips cheddar cheese
- 1 – 2 tbsp picante sauce (to taste)
- 2 lightly toasted rye bread slices
- sour cream
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Set aside.
- Drain or blot dry.
- Use large diameter shallow pan (melt enough butter to coat bottom and sides thoroughly).
- Saute finely diced onions until ready to brown.
- Add diced green pepper for short cooking time.
- Mix eggs, diced mushrooms, picante sauce, salt and pepper.
- Pour over onions and peppers, making sure ingredients are evenly distributed.
- As mixture begins to cook and set, lift edges to allow runny portions to fill and set.
- Do continuously until just barely set.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over half of one side.
- Lay cheese strips over same half.
- Cover and let cook enough to begin cheese melting, but not overcook on eggs.
- Slide off onto plate while folding one half over on other.
- Serve portions on rye bread, cover with dollops of sour cream (on the eggs).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.