- Serves 6
- 1½ cups bacon, diced
- 3 cups (¾ lb) peeled potatoes, cubed
- ½ cup onion, cubed
- ¼ cup fresh marjoram
- 3 cups beef stock
- ¾ cup carrots, cubed
- ¾ cup celery, cubed
- ½ cup leeks, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a little bit of butter, saute the bacon in a stock pot.
- Add the potatoes, onions, marjoram, and beef stock and cook over low heat about 25 minutes.
- At the end of that time, add the carrots, celery and leeks and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer ingredients to a food processor and process to a satiny consistency.
- Return ingredients to stock pot and add heavy cream.
- Cook about 5 more minutes over low heat.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.