- 1½ lb beef or pork liver
- 8 oz bacon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 eschallot
- 15 oz bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- Remove the skin and tubes from liver, put it into a pan, add a little water and simmer until partly cooked.
- Put the partly cooked liver, half of the bacon, the garlic and eschallot through a mincer.
- Add the bread crumbs, beaten eggs, onion and seasoning, and mix thoroughly.
- Lay bay the leaves in the bottom of a loaf pan and line with the remaining bacon slices.
- Fill the pan with the mixture.
- Cover with buttered greaseproof paper or foil and bake in a moderate oven at 350 °F for 1 hour, or until mixture is cooked.
- Unmould onto a platter and garnish with parsley and tomatoes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.