Description[edit | edit source]
Makes 6 servings.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 1/2 pounds Beef liver, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 14-1/2- to 16-ounce can tomatoes (2 cups), drained and slightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Cook liver in oil in 10-inch skillet 5 to 7 minutes or until brown. Add Onion; cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth, sherry, tomatoes, salt, marjoram and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with water; add to liver mixture. Cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl combine rice and Cheese. Press into buttered 5-cup ring mold. Turn out onto serving plate.
- Spoon liver into ring; sprinkle with parsley. Serve remaining liver on the side.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.