- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp cognac
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 x 1½-pound lobsters
- 3 mangos, firm and ripe
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 4 whole endives, plus 12 leaves for garnish
- 3 tbsp minced fresh chives plus 24 whole chives for garnish
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, cognac, ketchup, lemon juice, and salt and pepper then chill covered.
- Plunge the lobsters into a large kettle of boiling salted water and boil them, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the lobsters with tongs to a bowl and let them cool until they can be handled.
- Crack the shells, remove the meat, and cut it into ¾-inch pieces.
- Transfer the lobster meat to a large bowl and chill it, covered.
- The lobster cocktail may be prepared up to this point 1 day in advance.
- Halve the mangos by cutting just to the sides of each pit and, using a ¾-inch melon-ball cutter, scoop the flesh from the mango halves (about 2 cups).
- To the lobster meat add the mango balls, celery, whole endives, trimmed and sliced thin crosswise, the minced chives and sauce, then toss mixture until combined.
- Divide the lobster mixture among 12 chilled small glasses and garnish each serving with 1 of the endive leaves and 2 of the whole chives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.