Potato soup. This is one of the most delicious Ecuador recipes.
- 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) butter
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup each milk and light cream
- ½ pound munster cheese, grated
- In a large, heavy saucepan heat the butter and stir in the paprika. Add the Onion and saute over moderate heat until the Onion is softened.
- Pour in 4 cups water, bring to a boil, and the potatoes, and simmer over low heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- When the potatoes are almost done, add the milk and cream and continue to cook, stirring from time to time, until the potatoes begin to disintegrate.
- Stir the Cheese into the potatoes, season to taste with salt, and serve immediately. Avocado slices are sometimes served with the Locro, on separate plates but to be eaten at the same time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.