This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup chopped leeks
- ⅓ cup chopped carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 cans red sockeye salmon drained
- 12 slices lemon
- In Dutch oven sauté leeks, carrots and pepper in butter until tender then stir in flour, salt and cayenne.
- Gradually add milk stirring constantly and cook and stir until thickened and smooth.
- Stir in tomato juice.
- Remove bones and skin carefully from salmon then break into chunks and stir gently into the hot mixture.
- Heat through but do not boil.
- Serve at once garnished with 2 lemon slices.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.