Description[edit | edit source]
This is based on an authentic recipe from Taiwan, given to me by a Chinese chef and friend I trained with. Eating these noodles on your birthday or New Year's Day is supposed to ensure you a long and healtny life.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1/2 lb. Steak, sliced in thin strips
- 1 lb. spaghetti or long thin noodles
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil - plus
- 1 T. soy sauce - plus
- 1/2 c. fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 c. fresh pea pods
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh Broccoli
- 1/4 c. slsiced red or green bell peppers
- dash of pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- salt to taste
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In hot wok or large frying pan, heat small amount of oil; stir fry Steak.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to pkg. directions.
- Drain and place in large bowl.
- Blanch vegetables in boiling water, each separately; drain well.
- Add meat and vegetables to bowl.
- Mix oils, soy sauce, pepper and Sugar; pour over and mix well.
- Season with more soy sauce and sesame, if needed.
- You also can add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, Shrimp, Chicken strips, if desired.
Contributed by[edit | edit source]
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.