- From the story "Good Things Come in Small Packages"
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- 1 stick butter
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large package chocolate chips
- ⅔ bar paraffin (Instead of chocolate chips and paraffin, the coconut balls can be dipped in melted chocolate almond bark; follow the package directions for melting the almond bark.)
- Mix coconut, butter, powdered sugar, condensed milk, nuts and vanilla.
- Roll into small balls. Chill in refrigerator for several hours or in the freezer for one hour.
- Melt chocolate chips and paraffin in a double boiler (or in a clean coffee can set on canning jar rings in a pan of water).
- Using a toothpick, dip the chilled coconut balls into the chocolate mixture.
- Place on wax paper until set.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.