Recipe by Arleen Kaptur. See her article on Perk-up Sauces and Marinades;
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 3 – 4 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- In pan combine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for one-half hour.
- Use to baste ribs, chops, steak, and burgers.
- Serve lots of lemonade to cool that fiery taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.