- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup clear corn syrup
- fresh pecans - approx. 1½ cups
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix sugar, baking soda, evaporated milk, and corn syrup together in heavy pot.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture forms a soft ball in water (approx. 235°F).
- Remove from heat, stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens enough to drop by spoonful onto wax paper.
- Let cool and store in air tight container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.