Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 2 lbs carrots (peeled and cut into small chunks)
- 10 cups water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 large onion (cut into small chunks)
- 1 can chickpeas (washed and drained)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- dash or two mild curry powder
- dash or two ground coriander
- ¼ cup soy milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium to large pot, boil the carrots, onion and stock cube in the water until the carrots are soft.
- Once the carrots are soft, turn off the heat and blend everything in the pot.
- Add the chick peas and blend into the soup.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Add more spices if needed.
- If the soup needs to be thickened, in a separate bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp melted vegan margarine and 1 tbsp flour.
- Slowly add ¼ cup soy milk and whisk out any lumps.
- Stir this creamy mixture into the soup.
- This soup tastes best the next day and it can be frozen.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.