- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 papaya, peeled, halved and pitted
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup mango nectar
- 1½ tbsp mango chutney
- grated peel of 1 lemon
- 6 oz fusilli or rotelle pasta, cook, rinse, drain and cool
- ⅓ lb small cooked shrimp
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 8 leaves bibb or boston lettuce
- lemon wedges
- fresh mint
- Cook asparagus to crisp-tender 3 – 5 minutes covered in boiling water.
- Reserve 12 spears and chop the remainder in 1 inch pieces.
- Cut half of papaya into 8 – 12 thin, lengthwise slices, the remaining into bit-size pieces.
- In large bowl mix sour cream, nectar, chutney and lemon peel.
- Stir in pasta, then asparagus and papaya pieces, shrimp and scallions.
- Chill briefly.
- Divide pasta mixture over lettuce leaves on four plates.
- Arrange reserved papaya and asparagus spears.
- Garnish with lemon twists or wedges and fresh mint, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.