Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep: 20 minutes | Bake: 50 minutes
- 2 servings
- 2 (6- to 7-ounce) lamb shoulder chops, cut ¾ inch thick
- ½ cup thin onion wedges
- ⅓ cup peeled turnip cut into thin bite-size strips
- ¼ cup carrot cut into thin bite-size strips
- ¼ cup thinly sliced celery
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- dash black pepper
- 2 thin lemon slices
- Cut two 12-inch squares of heavy foil or, cut 4 squares of regular foil.
- Trim fat from chops.
- Arrange a chop on each square of heavy foil or on a double layer of regular foil.
- Place the vegetables on top of the chops.
- Sprinkle garlic salt, thyme, and pepper evenly over vegetables and chops.
- Add lemon slices.
- Bring up 2 opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold.
- Fold remaining ends to completely enclose chops and vegetables, leaving space for steam to build.
- Place packets in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 50 minutes or until chops are medium (160°F) doneness and vegetables are tender.
- Discard lemon slices before serving.
- Makes 2 servings.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 180 | Total Fat 7g | Saturated Fat 2g | Monounsaturated Fat 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat 1g | Cholesterol 68mg | Sodium 148mg | Carbohydrate 8g | Total Sugar 3g | Fiber 2g | Protein 21g | Vitamin A (DV%) 0 | Vitamin C (DV%) 24 | Calcium (DV%) 4 | Iron (DV%) 12
- Exchanges: Vegetables (d.e.) 1.5 | Lean Meat (d.e.) 2.5
- Percent Daily Values are base on a 2,000 calorie diet
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.