Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Recipe by : Adapted From Dr. Atkins' New Diet Cookbook
- Serving Size : 4
- Categories : Soups & Stews eggs
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 egg plus 1 additional egg yolk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- pinch nutmeg
- 4 cups chicken stock used for soup broth
- Spray top of double boiler with cooking spray.
- Rub pan with butter
- Place eggs, cream, salt and nutmeg in small bowl and beat together with fork.
- Pour egg mixture into top of double boiler.
- Cook over hot (but not boiling) water for 45 minutes or until firm and set.
- Turn out onto waxed paper to cool.
- In the meantime, heat chicken stock in separate pot.
- When 'dumpling' has cooled, slice into cubes.
- Add cubes of dumpling to clear, hot, chicken stock.
- Serve piping hot into individual soup bowls.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.