- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped pimento
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 12 oz chicken breast halves, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp raisins
- ½ tsp oregano, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup snipped parsley
- several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet combine tomato sauce, orange juice, onion, raisins, pimento, oregano, chili powder, garlic, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; return to boiling.
- Cover and simmer 12–15 minutes more or till chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile combine cornstarch and water.
- Stir into skillet.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Toss parsley with rice.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.