- 4 slice bacon
- 1 cup finely shredded onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 to 2 heads Chinese cabbage shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut in thin strips
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Cut bacon slices crosswise into thin strips; in a large saute pan, brown the strips over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic; saute for 2 minutes, or until onion is transparent.
- Add cabbage, salt, pepper, and red pepper strips.
- Saute, stirring with a spatula, until steaming hot but still crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce.
- Transfer to a deep serving platter, sprinkle with chives, and serve at once, with steamed rice and broiled chicken or fish for a low-fat, low-calorie meal.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.