Recipe by: Jo Anne Merrill
- 4 can green chilies, whole — 4 oz ea
- 4 oz Monterey jack cheese — use reduced-fat jack cheese with or without jalapeno peppers, cut into ½ inch strips
- ¾ lbs turkey breast — cooked
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup skim milk
- 3 eggs — large
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese, shredded — non-fat
- Drain canned chilies, remove seeds, slit on 1 side and opened flat.
- Cut cooked turkey into ½ inch strips.
- Arrange chilies on baking dish lightly coated with vegetable cooking spray.
- Fill each chile with jack cheese and turkey.
- Fold over edges of chilies and place seam-side down.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk milk and eggs together; slowly add to flour mixture, beating until smooth.
- Pour over prepared chilies.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn off heat.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top and return to oven for 1 minute to melt cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
- 238 calories | 7 g fat | 145 mg cholesterol | 578 mg sodium.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.