- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups grated carrot
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 2 tbsp toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅜ cup prune purée
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9" round pan with.
- Non-stick vegetable spray and set aside.
- Sift together pastry flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the egg substitute and sugar in large bowl.
- Add the oil, prune purée, vanilla and spices and blend well.
- Add flour mixture and stir just to blend.
- Fold in carrots, wheat germ and chopped nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pans 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.