Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Total time: 1 hour | Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Servings per Recipe: 8
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions in the large saucepan.
- Drain in colander.
- To make cheese sauce, melt margarine in medium-sized saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch well into cold skim milk.
- Add skim milk and evaporated skim milk to margarine.
- Heat sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When the sauce thickens, remove from heat and add shredded cheese.
- Mix drained macaroni with sauce.
- Put in casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350°F.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 207 | Calories from Fat 22 | Total Fat 5g | Cholesterol 17 mg | Sodium 185 mg | Carbohydrate 27g | Dietary Fiber 1g | Protein 12g
- Exchanges: 1 lean meat | 1 non-fat milk | 1 starch
- Carbohydrate Units 2
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.