- 8 ounces ground almonds
- 4 ounces icing sugar
- 4 – 6 tablespoons orange blossom water
- 4 ounces pistachio nuts, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 ounce caster sugar
- 4 ounces extra icing sugar
- 4 ounces extra pistachio nuts, peeled
- Combine the finely chopped pistachio nuts and caster sugar, and set aside.
- Combine the ground almonds and icing sugar with enough orange-blossom water to form a stiff paste.
- Knead until smooth and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Shape the paste into small balls the size of a walnut, and using a teaspoon handle, make a small hole in each ball and and fill it with the combined pistachio nuts and caster sugar; close the hole over the filling and reshape to a round shape.
- Roll the balls in icing sugar and place in small paper cups or on a serving plate.
- Decorate the top of each ball with a peeled pistachio nut.
- Serve with coffee.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.