The crisp colors and tangy dill dressing make this one-of-a-kind slaw a hit!
- 1 medium green cabbage, shredded (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup thinly sliced dill pickles
- ½ cup short thin strips green bell peppers
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley or fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell peppers or pimentos
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup pickle juice (juice from jar of pickles)
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, pickles, green bell pepper, parsley, green onions, carrots and red pepper.
- For dressing, combine water, pickle juice, vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss lightly to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, tossing lightly several times.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.