- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 2 cups peeled, cooked Italian chestnuts (roasted, boiled or jarred
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 small bell peppers (red, green and orange), finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 14– to 16–oz. pkg. unseasoned bread cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups vegetable broth
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chestnuts, Onion, bell peppers and celery, and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 7 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl.
2. Add bread cubes and seasonings to bowl, and toss to mix. Gradually add broth, and toss to mix. (Stuffing should be moist, but not wet.)
3. Transfer stuffing to greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover with foil, and bake 40 minutes. Uncover, and bake 10 minutes more, or until top is browned and stuffing is heated through.