Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Midwest Living
- Prep: 15 minutes | Marinate: 2 to 24 hours | Grill: 1½ hours
- Makes 12 servings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp snipped chives or chopped green onion
- 2 tsp chili powder or ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tsp snipped fresh sage or oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 x 3-to 4-lb boneless pork top loin roast (double loin, tied)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except meat.
- Place meat in a large plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- Pour marinade over meat.
- Close bag. Turn several times.
- Marinate in refrigerator 2 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat from bag.
- Discard marinade.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the roast (or use an instant-read thermometer to start checking the roast after 1 hour of grilling).
- In a covered grill, arrange preheated coals around drip pan (or follow manufacturer's directions for cooking over indirect heat on your gas grill)
- Test for medium-low heat above pan.
- Place meat on grill rack over drip pan.
- Cover and grill for 1½ to 2¼ hours or until meat thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove roast and cover with foil.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving (the internal temperature of the meat should rise 5°F upon standing, to 160°F).
- Remove strings and slice meat to serve.
- Use any leftover pork for sandwiches.
Nutritional information Edit
- 181 Calories | 8g Total Fat | 62mg Cholesterol | 239mg Sodium | 1g Carbs | 0g Fiber | 25g Protein
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.