Macadamia Nut Fudge From Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook
Family and friends look forward to this creamy fudge every holiday season. The macadamia nuts make it extra special. -Kristine Sokowski, Tremont, Illinois
- SERVINGS 44
- CATEGORY Dessert
- METHOD Other stovetop
- PREP 15 min.
- COOK 15 min.
- TOTAL 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 36 large marshmallows
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla frosting
- Red and green paste food coloring
- M&M's miniature baking bits
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil and 3-in. cookie cutters with 1 tablespoon butter. Place cookie cutters in pan; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallows until melted. Add unsweetened chocolate and chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spoon warm fudge into the prepared cookie cutters, filling to the top. Cool until set. To remove, gently push fudge out of cookie cutters. Tint frosting red and green; decorate fudge with frosting and candies. Yield: about 5-1/2 pounds. Editor's Note: Instead of using cookie cutters, fudge can be prepared in a foil-lined buttered 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan and cut into squares.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.