I just remembered! The cake was absolutely marvelous — as we thought it might be :) There's not a crumb left!
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 8½ oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 6 tbs butter
- ⅓ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tsp water
- 8 glace cherries
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8 inch square baking pan.
- Combine nuts and pineapple in bowl.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Remove 2 tbs of the melted butter to a cup and reserve.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and water to butter remaining in saucepan.
- Bring to boiling, cook 30 seconds, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Scatter cherries over brown sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle nut pineapple mixture over top.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt on a sheet of wax paper.
- Beat eggs in bowl until foamy.
- Add sugar, beating constantly.
- Beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Add milk, reserved melted butter and vanilla, beat until blended.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until done.
- Run a spatula around the edge of pan to loosen cake.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes.
- Invert the cake and remove the pan.
- Replace any nuts and cherries that have fallen off.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool completely before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.