- 1 bag of macaroni (500 grams)cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground meat
- one large Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce (or tomato paste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (crushed "zatar" leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 cups of prepared milk
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 1 "Maggi" Chicken bullion cube
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet cook the meat, Onion and garlic until the meat is brown and the Onion is tender. Drain fat. Stir in the tomato sauce, parsley, oregano, salt, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and 1/3 cup of water. Bring to boiling, then reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- For Bechamel Sauce, in a medium saucepan melt the margarine. Stir in the Chicken bullion cube, black pepper, and flour. Add the prepared milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir one minute more.
- Set aside 1/3 of the sauce. Mix the rest of the sauce with the cooked macaroni. Spread half of the macaroni mixture into a 9" x 13" baking pan. Spread the meat mixture over it evenly. Spread the rest of the macaroni mixture over the meat. Pour the remaining sauce evenly over the top. Sprinkle with a little additional ground cinnamon.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Let sit for five minutes. Then serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.