- 1 pack macaroni
- salt, white pepper to taste
- Cheese, grated
- evaporated milk
- stock ( from bouillon cube, if fresh is not available)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add macaroni. Boil until " al dente" and strain in a sieve with running cold water ( this will stop the macaroni from continuing to cook and getting too soft )
- Grease an ovenproof baking dish
- Prepare a white sauce by melting about 2-3 tablesps. butter in a saucepan, adding 2 tablesps. flour until the mixture forms into a ball( do not let it get brown). Now quickly add, alternatively, evaporated milk and prepared stock until it forms a smooth white sauce. Add a little salt and white pepper to taste and the grated Cheese ( the amount of Cheese varies to your taste)
- Put macaroni into the prepared baking dish, pour white sauce over it and top with more grated Cheese. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 40 mins, or until light brown on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.