Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3½ tbsp flour
- ¾ ts salt
- ¼ ts pepper
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 3 cups milk
- ½ lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 12 oz can luncheon meat, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 3 tbsp melted butter or margarine
- ½ cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- In a deep, 2½-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole melt butter or margarine in microwave oven 30 seconds.
- Blend in flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard stirring until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 10 minutes or until thickened and smooth.
- Stir frequently during last half of cooking time.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni and luncheon meat.
- Stir until well blended.
- In a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl combine melted butter or margarine and bread crumbs and heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 3 minutes or until bread crumbs are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over macaroni mixture.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 5 minutes or until heated through.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.