- a 3-3½ lb chicken, halved, quartered or cut into pieces.
Marinade for chicken Edit
- 1 tsp minced dried hot chile pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tsp crumbled dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup minced shallot
- ½ cup minced garlic
- 1½ cups minced red bell pepper (or smaller qty of hotter red peppers if desired)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup sweet paprika
- 1 cup grated coconut
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 baking potato (or 4-5 new potatoes)
- Mix marinade ingredients, rub into chicken and marinate covered in fridge overnight.
- Adding a little oil to the marinade helps the rub stick to the chicken.
- Sweat shallots, garlic and peppers in oil over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are softened.
- Add paprika, coconut, peanut butter, bay leaf and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about ten minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves.
- Keep warm.
- Heat oil medium high in a fry pan and brown the chicken well with the potato cut into one inch cubes.
- Even better, grill the chicken, and brown potato separately.
- Transfer chicken and potatoes to baking dish, spoon 2 cups of the sauce over, and bake in a 350°F oven for about 30 minutes if in pieces, a little longer if in halves.
- Finish with remaining sauce, and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.