- 3 1⁄3 qts. Cooked chick Peas, drained, rinsed and heated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. California ripe olives, whole, pitted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. Diced, seeded tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups Chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup Minced Serrano peppers
- 6 lbs. Boneless leg of Lamb,
- cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 4 1⁄2 lbs. Eggplant, sliced into
- 3⁄4-inch thick discs
- 12-inch skewers
- Combine chick Peas, California ripe olives, tomatoes, lemon juice, parsley and peppers in a hotel pan. Set aside.
- Toss Lamb with 1⁄3 cup of olive oil, garlic and 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of salt.
- Thread onto skewers and grill over medium-high heat for 7–9 minutes until cooked to medium, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- While Lamb is cooking, brush Eggplant with remaining oil and season with remaining salt.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 2–4 minutes on each side until tender.
- Transfer cooked Eggplant to a clean cutting board and dice into 1⁄2-inch pieces.
- Add to chick pea mixture.
- Remove Lamb from skewers and toss with chick pea and Eggplant mixture until evenly combined. Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.