- 3 small cos lettuce; (Little Gem-type)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 x 8 ounces thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil; (olive if possible)
- Separate the leaves on the lettuce, wash them thoroughly and dry them.
- Tear each of the bigger leaves in half and arrange in a bowl.
- Not more than 5 minutes before you're ready to eat, sprinkle the salt over the lettuce and beat the oil, lemon juice and sugar into the yoghurt.
- Pour the yoghurt over the lettuce and toss gently and serve rapidly.
- The lettuce will wilt if kept for more than 10 minutes in this dressing, but before then its crispness and the creaminess of the dressing complement each other wonderfully.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.