- 12 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup Wheat Hearts or farina (finer than cream of wheat)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Separate eggs.
- Beat yolks; add sugar and continue beating.
- Add water and continue to beat until light lemon colour and creamy.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift flour, farina and baking powder together twice and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff.
- Very slowly fold in the egg yolk mixture.
- Equally slowly and carefully fold in flour.
- Pour into a 10 inch x 15 inch ungreased cake pan (or equivalent) and bake about 30 to 40 minutes, until done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.