Description[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil / butter
- 2 tsp fenugreek
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Sugar
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Soak fenugreek in the water for 1 hour, then drain and leave it to dry.
- Put oil in pot and heat until warm.
- Add fenugreek and stir for two minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt, cover and cook until fenugreek tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add milk and Sugar.
- Into a separate bowl mix 2 cups of flour and 2 cups of water.
- Add to pot and stir quickly until thick (approximately 5 minutes).
- Mix baking soda with 1/3 cup of water.
- Add to pot through sieve into boiling dough which will become yellow.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour out into a bowl to cool and eat warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.