Lamb pluck soup
- Cooking Time: about 45 minutes
- 2 lbs worth of lamb pluck (liver, lungs and other organs together)
- 1 lb green onions
- 1 bunch anise
- ¾ cup rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Boil the pluck.
- Add a dash of salt and let pluck boil for a while.
- Take out and conserve the broth.
- Cut the pluck into small pieces.
- Put the broth in a large pot, after passing it through a strainer.
- Cut the onions and the anise into small pieces, and add them in the broth.
- Also add the pluck and the butter.
- Lower the fire and let them boil.
- When they are almost done, add the rice.
- Prepare in the meantime the egg and lemon sauce.
- Beat the eggs very well.
- Very slowly, add the lemon juice.
- Take some of the soup and slowly add it to the sauce.
- Do the same thing several times, beating always the sauce, add the sauce to the pot, stirring the soup slowly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.