This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by catsrecipes y-group
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- melted butter
- Combine flour, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl then stir together raking flour up sides of bowl to form a hole then pour buttermilk and oil into hole and gently stir flour into liquids.
- Mix until flour is completely blended with liquids.
- Dough should be moist but not sticky.
- Turn out dough onto floured surface and knead several times.
- Roll out dough to ½ inch thickness and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Knead remaining dough 2 or 3 times and repeat procedure until all dough is used.
- Bake biscuits on lightly greased baking sheet at 450 °F for 12 minutes then brush with melted butter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.