Stuffed eggplant with rice
- 1 kg eggplant
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 kg tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup short-grain rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth or beef broth
- Wash and core eggplant.
- Prick with fork, and sprinkle with salt; set aside.
- Heat butter or oil, saute onion, add tomatoes and parsley, and saute for a while.
- Add rice; stir and mix well.
- Remove from fire; set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fill eggplants with rice mixture and place in a deep baking tray or casserole.
- Pour meat broth over, cover with foil, and bake at 250°F until rice is done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.