- 1 pkt. dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ cup sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients in order given, cutting in shortening as in pie dough.
- Stir in buttermilk, along with the water and yeast mixture.
- Blend thoroughly, dough can be refrigerated up to 3 days or made into biscuits right away.
- Turn onto floured board and kneed lightly.
- Roll out and cut out.
- Let rise slightly.
- Bake in a 400°F oven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.